Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Crack in the Armor

So I currently find myself sweating bullets with a sincere desire to throw up. Today is all my pre-op testing at St. Joe's and I couldn't be more nervous at the prospect of blood work. The last time I was in the emergency room (around a month ago) they needed to put in an IV and managed to completely blow out the vein in my left arm which left a nasty bruise I'm still feeling the effects of today, so the prospect of having them try this scenario again is not that enticing. Especially considering that on friday I'll have to go through the whole song and dance all over again, possibly with another bruise to boot...oy vey. Clarke was very encouraging this morning as I bemoaned my fears over the phone...it was good to be reminded that I can do this and I will get through this even though, uncharacteristicly, my brovado seems to have gone the way of the white buffalo. Mark my words, I am sending the nurse straight back out if she walks in with confidence and says she's never stabbed a patient twice...famous last words. If I'd only been a drug user, I could wow them all and do it myself...

It's raining today so I've given up hope attempting anything with my hair...not that the lab techs will really care anyway...it would just be nice to pretend for at least another 30 minutes that all is as it should be and I'm just off to run some errands. Ok, that's all for now....more probably after this whole shpeel is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment