Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ok, so things went really well earlier today! I was so blessed with a nurse that actually got my bloodwork done on the very first try with minimal discomfort. She even gave me a very fetching robe to wear over my gown, a first in my experience with medical testing and that just about made my day. Although it all took an incredibly long time, I met with a pharmacist, nurse practitioner, and admitting nurse as well as the lab tech today and went over multitudes of paperwork for my upcoming surgery. Everything got the greenlight so we're full steam ahead for friday. My next concern is that it's always been very difficult to knock me out with anesthesia because redheads actually have a very hard time metabolizing it, believe it or not, so hopefully that will go smoothly. They are going to have to intubate me for the procedure (put a breathing tube down my throat) but I will be out before this is done so I shouldn't really ever know about it happening. I also met with my surgeon again and he showed me the three places they will be making incisions on my abdomen and went over everything with me again. I am booked at the hospital for 23 hours at this point but we'll see how things go with recovery before they kick me out, it may be less it may be more.

The stress of all this is absolutely taking a toll on me...I'm exhausted already and I haven't even had the procedure yet. I have to take off my ring for the procedure as well which is like going in without even the tiniest security blanket.

On a completely separate note, the favors for the wedding came in today and they are absolutely fabulous...too bad for you all those who sent in "no" response cards! You are missing out my friends, missing out. Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the salon that will be doing all the beauty for me and my girls the morning of the big day and putting deposits down...maybe I'll try to get my eyebrows waxed while there, Lord knows they need it!!! Mom suggested getting something else waxed to suprise the surgeon friday, but I think I'll pass on that one...my apologies for those of you offended easily ;-)

Bought mom's Mother's day gift today...can't wait for her to see it :-) Wish I wasn't going to be incapacitated that day but at least we'll all still be together. I really don't know how I'd do all this without her right there, walking me through all of it. I am so blessed to have a mother like her, who will drop everything to be by my side, which does more for my spirit than I think she knows. The value of something like that is just inestimable. It's amazing what God has brought to me in this difficulty...my mom who's always been there and will continue to be, Clarke who heals my heart with love and laughter when I am broken, and a friend and sister who, though we have never met, has sent daily encouragement that has bolstered me beyond understanding. I'm starting to think of them as my earthly trinity of healing lol.

Sigh...bath sounds good tonight. Off to soak.

No comments:

Post a Comment